BluePath is currently recruiting for a Research Associate (RA) for its strategic value communications function. This position will support project leads in preparing and submitting value communication tools (e.g. slide decks, brochures) and training materials for the internal review process at biopharmaceutical and medical device companies. The RA’s essential responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Aid project lead in developing value communication tools and training materials communicating health care economic information (HCEI)
- Aid project lead in overseeing and managing the time-sensitive internal review and approval process of these materials
- Lead preparation of internal review materials (e.g. annotated files, reference binders)
- Quality check documents to ensure alignment with internal medical, legal and regulatory standards and FDA requirements
- Provide additional research support such as medical writing support, conduct literature searches, and develop evidence tables
Must Have Requirements
- Bachelor’s level or above education in life sciences or related fields
- High level of focus and attention to detail
- Basic understanding of scientific data and research methods
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment
- Flexibility with working hours to accommodate needs
- Proven ability to simultaneously work on multiple assignments and effectively work with multiple team members and management
- Communicate flawlessly in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe products (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Pro)
- Copy-editing and/or medical writing experience
- Previous experience working in a consultant role and/or at a pharmaceutical company
Applicants with more extensive knowledge or experience in conducting HEOR projects may be considered for a Sr. RA position.
The Manager of health economics and outcomes research will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing economic models at an academic level suitable for publication. The models are primarily developed in Excel, with an emphasis on robust methods, accuracy, clean and appealing visualization, and interactivity. The models or the results of the models are often used to inform important coverage decisions for major pharmaceutical therapies or medical devices.
Modelers at BPS must have a strong understanding of modeling in Excel including building a model from the ground up, VBA coding, and user interfacing. While much of modeling is done with a specific aim in mind, the modeler must be a self-starting, energetic, and creative individual who can question assumptions and clearly explain their methods.
The ideal candidate would have the ability to be an excellent team player that can work under tight deadlines coupled with the ability to tackle problems with imaginative solutions.
- At least 2 years of health economics and outcomes research experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry, in either a consulting or pharmaceutical environment
- Hands-on experience designing and executing Excel-based economic models for different needs, including budget impact models, medical cost offset models and/or cost-effectiveness models
- Demonstrated understanding of a variety of modeling techniques such as decision analytic models, state-transition models, discrete event simulations etc.
- Education in health services research, statistic/econometrics/biostatistics, mathematics, pharmacy, or medicine
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and VBA coding
- Biostatistical or econometric background is preferred
- Applied econometrics or statistics knowledge
- Experience with additional software such as R/Shiny, Python, Tableau, SAS, STATA, SPSS, TreeAge and other analytical software programs
- Able to distill clinical information into compelling value statements
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility with working hours to accommodate project needs
- High level of focus and attention to detail
- Able to balance work on multiple assignments
- Ability to work effectively with multiple team members and management
- Effective English communication, verbally and in writing
BluePath is recruiting for a Data Scientist to reverse engineer health economic models and optimize them for use on a web platform. You will also serve as an advisor on modeling techniques and data structures. As a Data Scientist, knowledge of common modeling techniques (regression, simulations, clustering) is expected, along with direct work experience with some of these methods. A critical component of this role will involve turning existing models and results into intuitive and informative user interfaces. To this aim, the Data Scientist will work closely with our front-end developers and value communication team.
The team that houses the Data Scientist works on a wide range of models from traditional health economics (cost-effectiveness analyses) to more creative types of models (value-based pricing and price optimization). Our goal is to provide bespoke, dynamic, meaningful, and robust analyses that meet the client’s needs. To meet this goal, we develop highly branded and customized tools for our clients’ internal and external use. The models are often disseminated via peer-review publications, conferences, or field tools. Regardless of the method of dissemination, the models eventually make a difference in getting patients access to new therapies.
The essential responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Transform existing models into polished client-facing products, typically for web use
- Advise on data structures and common modeling techniques
- Aid in running analyses and preparing results for dissemination
Must Have Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (or relevant work experience) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- 2-3+ years of programming experience, preference given to software/data engineering or analytics.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with any of the following:
- Web Development
- Healthcare research
- Data visualization (R, Python, Excel, Tableau, D3, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field
As a Senior Manager at BluePath, you will be exposed to a range of biotechnology and pharmaceutical clients, projects, and responsibilities across a variety of therapeutic areas. Your main responsibility will be to lead the development of value marketing tools communicating health outcomes, pharmacoeconomic and other scientific information. Crucial to this role is concise storytelling of results providing actionable insights and their ability to influence payer awareness, attitudes, and behavior.
Reporting to the Director of Value Communications, the Senior Manager’s essential responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop high-quality health economic and scientific content in multiple formats for assigned projects, including translating complex health economic concepts into impactful customer-facing tools, and developing value propositions for products
- Initiate and lead projects with supportive staff, from conceptualization through final approval, with ownership of timelines
- Engage with clients on strategy and content, supporting project through internal Medical, Legal, Regulatory reviews when necessary
- Maintain strong client relationships, identify potential opportunities by working collaboratively with clients, and establish relationship as a strategic scientific partner
- Some travel may be required — approximately 10%
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Doctorate degree & 3 or more years of industry or consulting experience OR Master’s degree & 4 or more years of industry or consulting experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project planning skills with strong ability for self-direction
- Ability to work in teams and interface with corporate functions in a dynamic environment
- Intellectual curiosity with ability to identify avenues of investigation
- Knowledge of the regulatory and legal guidelines affecting promotion of products
- Ability to advance numerous projects simultaneously
- Strong computer and database skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products
As a Business Performance Project Manager at BluePath, you will be exposed to a range of biotechnology and pharmaceutical clients, projects, and responsibilities across the Strategic Value Communications business unit. Your main responsibility will be to ensure that projects are completed to the highest standard, delivered on time and on budget for our clients.
Reporting to the Director of Value Communications, the Business Performance Project Manager’s essential responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the proposal development process, including writing portions of the proposal, estimating pricing, and/or reviewing the final draft
- Support the development of project plans and timelines
- Discuss project status with staff, flagging potential delays, and preparing weekly client communication for any projects assigned
- Manage the day-to-day financials and performing timely financial reviews and reconciliations
- Create, review, and submit invoices
- Collaborate with all members of the team on projects, with close working relationships including the Head of Operations
- Manage third-party vendors contributing to the projects
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred in Business or related field
- 1-2 years of project management experience at a digital or marketing agency preferred
- Project management qualifications is a bonus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while delivering quality results
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), that can be flexed to get the best out of all stakeholders – internal or external
- Strong ability for self-direction
- Possess computer and database skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products