BluePath is recruiting for its strategic health economics position acting as an economic modeler and predictive data analyst. The position will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing robust models suitable for publication but designed for interactivity and use in the field. The models are primarily developed in R, with an emphasis on strong methods, clean and appealing visualization, and interactivity in Shiny. The models or the results of the models are often used to inform important coverage decisions for major pharmaceutical therapies or medical devices.
This position is responsible for identifying and gathering data, developing complex algorithms and using advanced modelling techniques (e.g., predictive and prescriptive) to interpret data, extract insights, and help produce solutions to enable better decision-making. The role works with large data sets and leverages cutting edge machine learning techniques (e.g., neural networks, time-series forecasting, ensemble learning, and unsupervised learning) to train historical data to predict the validated course of action for pre-specified outcomes. The role requires integration of multiple data sets for feature creation, reduction, and selection to identify the most important unbiased drivers for the prediction. This role partners with the business to understand the business strategy and apply knowledge of statistical, mathematical, and advanced modelling techniques to ask the right questions to derive appropriate outcomes. Most importantly, this role requires experience in machine learning, R Shiny, R Markdown and the capacity to work creatively. We’re looking for a person who is clever and curious with a passion for finding insights in data and using quantitative analysis to answer complex questions.
- Creative problem solving with a common sense and practical solutions orientation; must be passionate about the role analytics plays in improving business performance.
- Work with clients and stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive clinical and business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from databases to drive optimization and improvement of business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Uses third party software tools and research data warehouse in development of queries and visualizations.
- Influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating conclusions to cross-functional groups.
- Excel (and other platforms) for data exploration and presentation
- R, RapidMiner, MySQL, Excel, and other tools for data mining using techniques like agent-based modeling, anomaly detection, A/B testing, nearest neighbor, cluster analysis, sentiment analysis, decision trees, optimization, simulation, and regression analysis
Must Have Requirements
- Three or more years of experience in R and Shiny
- High level of focus and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment
- Flexibility with working hours to accommodate business needs
- Proven ability to simultaneously work on multiple assignments and effectively work with multiple team members and management
- Communicate flawlessly in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe products (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Pro)
- Knowledge of epidemiology, economics, psychometrics and medical writing
- Previous experience working in a consultant role and/or at a pharmaceutical company
- Part-time contract work