We always look forward to attending the AMCP Conference. It’s a great opportunity to connect with our colleagues and discuss the latest industry trends, information, and issues we all face each day.
It was no different this year in Denver. Our team was excited to learn more about new healthcare technologies, health policy, and payment reforms in the US. We also had the chance to share our insights with all of the attendees (or at least all of the people we could meet).
We especially enjoyed presentations from key leaders in healthcare including payers, providers, and manufacturers.
Among the things we learned:
- Evidence and research efforts that are hot of the press and not in peer reviewed publication yet
- Insights into new specialty drugs in development
- Recent challenges and approaches to coverage of healthcare technologies
- Recent advances and experiences on contracts with manufacturers
- The present and future state of Oncology Care Management (OCM)
But as much as education is the most important component of the conference, we love the human aspect of networking and exchanging ideas with our colleagues. It’s wonderful to form new relationships and refresh past friendships. We’re already looking forward to next year’s conference.